I have had several problems with a new boat, Here is the storey.
I have been fishing for several years and was selected to be a part of the Triton Boat Pro Staff in 2006. I ordered a boat through The Sportsmens Edge in Paducah Ky in June of 2006 I took delivery in Feb 2007. At delivery there were a few problems (noted below) then a few weeks later there were several problems. I took it back to dealer weekly for several weeks due to a faulty sensor that could not be found. Then it was in the shop 17 weeks the first 18 mths I owned the boat. I have had a problem with the steering since day one it has been worked on numerous times the last time at the Triton Factory. After the steering totally locked up a few weeks after being at Triton Factory while fishing a tournament I have had it. I tried to Trade it in at the dealer where I bought it but was offered 9,000.00 less than I paid for it 6 mths earlier (Pro Staff deal must have been a good one). Looking back that would have been cheap to get out of this nightmare. This boat has been in the shop approx 1 out of every 5 days I have owned it. It has been in the shop at The Sportsmens Edge or the Triton Factory for all these repairs at least twice.
2007 Triton TR200 X2
Following at delivery
1) Fender broke and had bad paint (left side setting in boat)
2) Paint bad on left rear corner of boat
3) Paint had bad spots on left and right side of boat
4) Crack on left side of transom
5) Crack on right side of transom
6) Crack's on drivers console
7) Crack on deck in right (drivers side) locker area
8) Crack's on right side of both center storage
9) Seat pedestal on left seat leans bad
10) Speedometer will not move
11) Seats (cover will not stay on bottom)
12) Seat pedestal leans bad on both seats
13) Steering hard (more than others I have drove) to turn left at all times
14) Triton charger bad on one leg
15) Cranking battery bad or starter?
16) Latches feel off on rear compartment
17) Windshield anchors bad
18) Carpet loose in a couple areas
19) Cover above glove box came off
20) Shifter came loose
21) Fuel gauge
22) Steering box loose in hyd gear box
23) Gas smell in rod locker bad (about 3 mths after using)
24) Motor (250 PRO XS) extremely noisy between 3100 – 3700 rpm
The Boat was 3 mths old at the time of these problems
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Triton Boat Problems
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "My daughter plugged in her Scentsy plug in warmer and when she flicked the on switch a spark flew out of the switch and the switch and her hand were..."
- "I bought a 10X diopter magnifier florescent hobby desk lamp from eHobbyTools several years ago on eBay. When it arrived I was instantly concerned about replacing the circular florescent bulb..."
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "Notice the time I drove up and was told they were closed from the employee at the drive thru window at Range location in Denham Springs, La.!!!! It's called ......"
- "First of all this is the wrong bed they delivered and it has broken, while im waiting for my correct bed to be delivered. It is causing my back to..."
- "Purchased brand new. Wore them once. Insoles are disintegrating..."
- "9/23/16 I have been shopping with Ameri Mark and up until today had always had good service. Well they do itemize the products they send you, and say they have add..."
- "The "carrots were whitish" rubbery. awful. I had put vegetables in soup.. The "carrots were whitish" rubbery. awful. I had put vegetables in soup.. Making a direct statement...."
- "I ordered from this company for first time yesterday before 12 Noon Ordered my mom flowers and candy to be delivered same day, only looked in same day delivery menu..."